Cheshire Road Race Grand Prix Results
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2007 standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2007 Men's individual standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2007 Women's individual standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2007 Individual Handicap standings
Road Race Number Swapping Guidelines
Road Running Leadership Group Announcement
|Race||Date||Grand Prix Results||Handicap Scheme Results|
|Race 1||Four Villages 1/2 marathon||Sun 21st January 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 2||Alsager 5||Sun 4th February 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 3||Wilmslow 1/2 marathon||Sun 25th March 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 4||Chester Spring 5||Wed 4th April 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 5||Lymm 5K||Sat 23rd June 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 6||Birchwood 10k||Sun 19th August 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 7||Sutton 6 10k||Sun 23rd September 2007||Mens Results||Womens Results||Men||Women||Combined|
2006 Participation Statistics
2006 Participation Discussion
1. The Cheshire County RR GP will comprise a number of open races within the county of Cheshire during the calendar year.
2. Where possible, the events chosen will be across a range of distances, and spread throughout the county, and the timeframe of the GP.
3. The GP will be administered by a Co-ordinator, whose decision in the event of any dispute will be final.
4. Any Cheshire-based club must indicate their willingness to take part in the GP by registering, and must appoint a club rep, who will deal with eligibility queries etc.
5. There is no fee to register for the GP.
6. Clubs may, at the discretion of the Co-ordinator, be allowed to register at any time during the GP, but points will not be allocated retrospectively for races already completed.
7. For 2007, the GP will comprise of 7 events, with a club's best 5 scores counting toward the team award.
8. There will also be an individual competition, with a runner's best 4 scores to count.
9. Men and women are scored separately.
10. Any race chosen as part of the GP will either send a supply of race entry forms to the club rep of each registered club, or provide an internet address of the form.
11. The GP is open only to first-claim, NoEAA-registered athletes.
12. If a runner moves from one GP-registered club to another once they have already taken part in a GP race that season, then their results so far will stand, but they will not be able to count for their new club for the remainder of the season, even if they have served any 'ban'. They will though still be eligible to score individual points.
13. Once a club is registered, no special entry requirements apply. Runners just enter races as they would for any other open road race, and the GP Co-ordinator will identify eligible runners in the results supplied by the race organiser.
14. If, after entering a GP race, a runner is unable to compete, his/her number must not be given to a club colleague. As well as being against UKA rules, it will lead to disqualification from the GP for both runners concerned.
Scoring system: Points are awarded based on finishing position within the
GP on the following basis:-
(All ineligible and non-scoring runners are removed from the results first)
Men: 100-99-98-.....-3-2-1 with 6 to score for a team
Women: 50-49-48-.....-3-2-1 with 4 to score for a team
16. A handicap competition, which is scored completely separately from the main GP, will also be held in conjunction with the GP races.
17. If a National GP Final is organised, then the leading men's team and winning ladies' team at that time will be invited to represent Cheshire in the Grand Prix Final.
Four Villages Â½ marathon (Sunday 21st January, Helsby RC)
Alsager 5 (Sunday 4th February, Grassroots Runners)
Wilmslow Â½ marathon (Sunday 25th March, Wilmslow RC)
Chester Spring 5 (Wednesday 4th April, West Cheshire AC)
Lymm 5k (Saturday 23rd June, Spectrum Striders)
Birchwood 10k (Sunday 19th August, Spectrum Striders)
Sutton 6 10k (Sunday 23rd September, West Cheshire AC)
(Note: Early entry to the 2 half marathons is essential. Neither race accepts entries on the day, and both usually close their entries several weeks before the race.)
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2007 registration form
Any other Cheshire-affiliated clubs who wish to register can do so by contacting Adrian Thiemicke ,.
Male Road Running Champions I Female Road Running Champions