Cheshire Road Race Grand Prix Results
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2012 standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2012 Men's individual standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2012 Women's individual standings
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2012 Individual Handicap standings
Road Race GP Roll of Honour
|Race||Date||Grand Prix Results||Handicap Scheme Results|
|Race 1||Wilmslow Half Marathon||Sun 25th March||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 2||Chester Spring 5 mile||Wed 4th April||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 3||Whitley 10K||Sun 15th April||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 4||Hollins Green 5K||Sat 2nd June||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 5||Great Warford 10 mile||Sun 29th July||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 6||Birchwood 10K||Sun 19th Aug**||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
|Race 7||Macclesfield Half-Marathon||Sun 30th Sept||Men||Women||Men||Women||Combined|
**Incorporates informal inter-county match vs North Wales. Team of 4 men & 4 women (3 to score) to be selected from eligible athletes by Adrian Thiemicke from Pre-entries. [Informal match being held as no official inter-county road running event is being held this year]
2012 Prize structure
|Men Individual Overall GP||Women Individual Overall GP||Men Individual Handicap - Each Race||Women Individual Handicap - Each Race|
1. The Cheshire County RR GP will comprise a number of open races within the county of Cheshire during the calendar year.
2. Where possible, the events chosen will be across a range of distances, and spread throughout the county, and the timeframe of the GP.
3. The GP will be administered by a Co-ordinator, whose decision in the event of any dispute will be final.
4. Any Cheshire-based club must indicate their willingness to take part in the GP by registering, and must appoint a club rep, who will deal with eligibility queries etc.
5. There is no fee to register for the GP.
6. Clubs may, at the discretion of the Co-ordinator, be allowed to register at any time during the GP, but points will not be allocated retrospectively for races already completed.
7. For 2012, the GP will comprise of 7 events, with a club's best 5 scores counting toward the team award.
8. There will also be an individual competition, with a runner's best 4 scores to count.
9. Men and women are scored separately.
10. Any race chosen as part of the GP will either send a supply of race entry forms to the club rep of each registered club, or provide an internet address of the form.
11. The GP is open only to first-claim, EA-registered athletes.
12. If a runner moves from one GP-registered club to another once they have already taken part in a GP race that season, then their results so far will stand, but they will not be able to count for their new club for the remainder of the season, even if they have served any 'ban'. They will though still be eligible to score individual points.
13. Once a club is registered, no special entry requirements apply. Runners just enter races as they would for any other open road race, and the GP Co-ordinator will identify eligible runners in the results supplied by the race organiser.
14. If, after entering a GP race, a runner is unable to compete, his/her number must not be given to a club colleague, or anyone else. As well as being against UKA rules, it will lead to disqualification from the GP for both runners concerned.
Scoring system: Points are awarded based on finishing position within the
GP on the following basis:-
(All ineligible and non-scoring runners are removed from the results first)
Men: 100-99-98-.....-3-2-1 with 6 to score for a team
Women: 50-49-48-.....-3-2-1 with 4 to score for a team
16. A handicap competition, which is scored completely separately from the main GP, will also be held in conjunction with the GP races.
17. If a National GP Final is organised, then the leading men's team and winning ladies' team at that time will be invited to represent Cheshire in the Grand Prix Final.
18. Cash prizes will be awarded for the overall GP series for Men & Women individuals 1st-£100, 2nd-£50, 3rd-£25. Cash prizes will also be awarded for 1st man and 1st woman in the handicap rankings of each race - £20 (no overall handicap prize)
Cheshire County Road Race Grand Prix 2012 registration form
Any other Cheshire-affiliated clubs who wish to register can do so by contacting Adrian Thiemicke ,.
Male Road Running Champions I Female Road Running Champions